Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Remember the Kindness Others Have Shown Me

My mom used to tell me to remember and to appreciate the kindness others have shown me. She has mentioned this several times as much as I recalled. And this particularly applies today. I wanna write down the name of the person who has shown kindness to me that I wanna forever remember and even show my appreciation one day.. in some tangible ways.


Dr. Liu... though was a dentist and simply a uncle from church, he really expressed his benevolence through his expertise. I went to his office twice, both for my wisdom teeth. He knew I don't have insurance to cover up (school doesn't cover dentals). Both visits were probably just knowledge conversations where he told me what to do and offered his advice, but still, taking x-rays without charging me, and... free check-ups just really showed his generosity. His kindness... really just touched my heart! At that moment today, I really felt grateful and thankful... words that could never explain, a thankfulness that just poured out from the bottom of my heart. I said "thank you Dr. Liu!" He gently nodded. Again, no charge, nothing....


On the way driving home, I kept thinking what I can do in the future to express my gratitude toward his family. I seemingly have nothing much to offer (seriously, I think he's a rich man and since he is a believer, he's a wise man as well), and I don't know WHAT to give neither, but I wanna remember what he did to me, and do something about it. I wish there will be a time for me to show kindness to him just like what he have shown me today and 10/30/09 when I first visited him and was appalled at my x-ray result at the time =p


Thank you Dr. Liu! God bless you, your family and your workplace (aka ministry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment