Friday, March 12, 2010

1st Visiting BSF at Brea, CA

[March 9, 2010 on a Tue evening] I was running a bit late, and since I haven't registered with them, I couldn't join their small group discussion for this first time visitation. I was allowed to listen to the lecture though, studying the book of John 16. Jotted down some notes:


- God the Holy Spirit transforms & empowers the lives of believers
- Holy Spirit coming -> for apostle's advantage (for one: prompt faith.. because it's unseen; unlikely Jesus' embodiment)
- The truth about Jesus & about sin is revealed by the Holy Spirit
- Is Holy Spirit convicting you about righteousness & sin? Receive or quench?
- Holy Spirit doesn't draw attention to Himself, but to Jesus & God! Q I ask: Am I the same?
- The effective witnessing is a product of the Holy Spirit's work in a believer's life


- A believer's joy canNOT be taken away (John 16:22); only when I take it away.. & exchange w/ sth else
- Joy: how are you protecting it? Tip: Phil. 4:8-11
- Crisis: leave or cling? v. 33 believers have peace (promised), during tribulation... do you leave or cling to the Holy Spirit?
- Peace is dependent on how I FACE circumstances! Not dependent on circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment