Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mariners Church

I thought the sermon was too shallow (sorry.....), but I guess I shouldn't judge too much on my 1st time visit, after all, it's not fair to tell much by the 1st glimpse. However, the points were legit.


Genesis: Before
Three things before the beginning (Hebrews 11:3)


God (Gen. 1:1)
1. Who am I?
2. Why am I here?
3. How should I live?
Three implications:
1. Truth
2. Freedom
3. Identity


Love and community
Father, Spirit and Son (Gen 1:1-2 & John 1:1-3, 14)
Primacy of relationships
Nature of relationships-self-giving, serving (Phil 2:3-5)


Darkness.... Gen 1:2
Sin brings chaos and darkness
God's Spirit and God's Word brings order and light


One thing really bothered me was when the preacher finished his sermon, the praise team came up on stage and the worship leader began to lead the responding song... hundred of people started walking off the building @@ crazy! Hellooooooooo~ the service is NOT finished yet!!!! Really rude!!! ><

No comments:

Post a Comment